Search This Blog

September 11, 2024


Very well said and the young intelligent personnel would appreciate your kind thoughts.

Yesterday I spent several hours on my balcony enjoying the "Indian Summer": I always thought of it, when in England as my Father's "old India and Ceylon" name. I trimmed and watered all the potted herbs and flowers, then cleaned up all the mess with my "maple tree handled long broom."

This morning when opening the blinds I noticed that the large grey squirrel had returned and scratched out soil from several pots, obviously looking for tomatoes. Tough luck!

This morning I was not feeling too well; after coming back to bed, I finally called dear Joy Sheets. She came in immediately and after asking a few questions she remarked that I probably had a bug that is going around. I slept for a while and upon waking found Joy had returned, telling me I looked a better colour and would I like a little of my porridge? So between us we hobbled into the kitchen and found what was needed.

She is not walking too well, amongst other things but is always here to help, not just me: once a nurse always a nurse. Marvin has recovered from four recent operations, two hands then both shoulders; too much farming which he should not have experienced. Ageing hits us all at time!

Just received Graham's email, Flight's booked October 2 returning possibly Oct 18. Just the day to have good news!

Tomorrow I shall sit in the warm air enjoying the last of all the lovely flowers in the gardens.

A lovely photo of a peaceful property. I will always miss Our Home in Clayton.

Now I can look forward to Graham and Ana's peaceful property overlooking the Pacific ocean.

Enjoy the warm and sunny days.

Suzanne

No comments: