Search This Blog

August 24, 2024


I too, used to enjoy the sounds of the pipes and drums in the distance when I lived on Country St.; again when I was at the Farmer's Market for the Hospital Auxiliary. In August 1998 Tony and I rented a house on Water Street, recently renovated by Wilson Basisle!  At that time we had all of Tony's young grandchildren plus parents to watch most of the Highland games.  Afterwards Tony asked the children "which parts did you like best"?  In one loud voice they all.said "the music"!

Even Katey's youngest boy still remembers "A lot of loud Noise"! This he told me when staying here a few weeks ago, now aged 28!

Where have all the years gone! It's nice to be back in Almonte again, but...all the Main streets have changed so much, Mill street's only 3 places remain the same:

Post Office, Bank of Montreal and Superior Restaurant. C'est la Vie!

I enjoyed my drive to McDonald's Corner, only to find they were closed this afternoon; tomorrow after St.G's 11am Morning Service and Coffee hour I shall attend Union Hall's Blueberry Tea 2-4 pm, then drive through Middleville , Herron Rd to Lanark, to McD's Corner's, Open Sundays 2 pm - 7pm,  This will be a shorter route than to-day's Wolfgrove Rd to Hopetown, left turn to Watson's Corner to Dalhousie Lake, onto McD's Corner.

The trunk of my car is full, plus a few items on the back seats,  I certainly will be pleased to see the end of it all!

Enjoy to-morrow's sun, today was a perfect English summer's day, Sunday should be the same.

Suzanne


Funny how it happens...

I agree with you.

But.....on the other side, I will say " Sad how it happens".   Looking back on a few things, 3 in particular, extremely Sad.

Somehow we manage to survive; become, hopefully a better person and in the end call it all experience.

For me another busy day, then a trip through the local countryside to MacDonald's Corners (somewhat different) DUMP! removing a few un-needed articles for others to use. for Free.

Enjoy a beautiful warm sunny day.

Suzanne

No comments: