Search This Blog

October 1, 2024



Very interesting! I believe I met The James Newton"s many years ago, They were possibly friends of Brig:General Don Stewart and wife Jean, from whom we rented their old farm house on Colborne St, whilst he was head of NATO in Syracuse, N.Y.

I bought all the blue material for 6 large windows in my house on Country St. (floor to ceiling) from Collie Mills in Appleton Village. They survive to-day partly as I wash them on a regular basis; more of the same material I used to cover the couch in our drawing room which has been moved  from house to house over the years.
 
The Appleton Side Rd. also reminds me of the tragic accident years ago of a train ramming and killing our two English friends and their two very young Grandchildren.  We were waiting for the "Taylors" to arrive for dinner that evening, only to hear the sad news on CBC  T.V.  It was a shock that neither of us could believe, or drive again on that road , even many years after the rail track was removed and Hwy#7 was built. 

Another "what is life".

Packing all clothes to-morrow, leave on Wednesday.

Very Best of luck this week,  May God be watching over you.

Take great care.

Suzanne

No comments: